Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Great Success with my Emile Henry Flame Stone!

So, I tried the stone... it worked wonderfully!

There was lots of good oven spring (rising in the oven) and the loaf turned out a lovely dark gold color and the slash marks expanded beautifully. I used a broiler pan for steam as suggested in the recipe that came with the stone; this was a great idea as I used to use a cast iron skillet that didn't always work so well.

I have to say that I am very pleased with my Emile Henry Flame Stone. I can't wait to use it to poach salmon!

One thing I forgot was that a peel would have come in handy... I didn't think of needing a way to get the risen bread on the stone until it was time to do so... by then, the best option  was to use a well- floured,  upside- down cookie sheet... Because I am kind of clumbsey, it didn't work out as smoothly as I would have liked but it did work out in the end. So, if you are going to get a stone- get a peel as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment